Friday

T.O. play or not T.O. play? That is the Question!



So I admit it. I was wrong. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?

Yes I know, to the readers of my previous post on Terrell Owens, I take it all back. I was suckered into all the hype and the "this time will be different" speech. And maybe this time would be different, if T.O. would get his ass off the exercise bike and back out on the practice field. Of course, to get "back out there" I guess he would have had to be there to begin with.

Let’s start with the facts (and keep in mind we are still only half-way through the pre-season):

1 - Terrell skipped optional but "highly encouraged" workouts with the team and chose to work out with his own people. A move that has left him "injured" and not in football shape.

2 - Terrell made an ass out of himself, made his coach so furious he took off in the opposite direction, and his teammates very bitter about his Discovery Channel biking show-off day.

3 - I really do think Drew Rosenhaus is Satan.

4 - This will be Bill Parcells last year because of Terrell Owens and how Jerry Jones forced him on the team. Remember, Parcells has said himself that if he can't "shop for the groceries but has to cook" he is out. And he will be. I just wonder if he will make it through the season. I also hope they stay away from Weis as his replacement because he has such a good thing going at Notre Dame. Maybe Jones can bring Bob Stoops to the pros.

5 - Opening day this season will belong to Drew Bledsoe but all of '07 Tony Romo will be the starter.

After carefully considering the above, and realizing that the battle between T.O. and Parcells is about as fruitful as the war in Vietnam, I am just hiding in my bunker waiting for the real fireworks to start. Remember everyone, this is STILL pre-season of this first year in Dallas! It actually makes you miss the Cowboys SuperBowl winning teams of the early 90's who at least practiced and scored on the field (even if they did have a higher scoring percentage off it - enter drugs and women).

And Terrell, shut the hell up about your "hammy" and get back on the field! Until that happens (not holding my breath), maybe the Cowboys should cut Owens and bring in the receiving core from The Replacements. Or if we can't do that lets at least sit Bledsoe in favor of Shane Falco. He is more mobile and has a hellava lot more heart. Remember Gene Hackman's "We need heart" quote. It's quite relevant here. Maybe Falco could even remind T.O. of that life-giving principle that all athletes should live and abide by: "Pain heals, Chicks dig scars... Glory lasts for ever!" And if these Cowboys are planning on being like the SuperBowl winning Cowboys of the early 90's, I am sure they won't mind winning over the ladies. Until then, God help us all!

Off to create my own NCAA '07 College Football "glory" on the PS2 (I play through injuries all the time on that..),

"The Bear"

No comments: